My media consumption

 Newspapers

  • Which daily newspapers (if any) do you read? - I don't read newspapers

Magazines
  • What magazines (if any) do you buy regularly?  Why/why not? - I don't buy magazines

Television
  • Approximately how many hours a week do you spend watching television? - 0 hours a week

Radio
  • Do you listen to the radio? - No
  • Do you listen to podcasts? - No
  • Does anyone else in your house listen to the radio or podcasts? - No

Film
  • What films have you seen in the cinema in the last month? - Top Gun Maverick
  • What films have you seen in other places – for example, through Netflix, Amazon Prime, satellite/cable film channels (free or otherwise) or streaming? - No other films
  • Who else watched the films with you? - My brother
  • Who decided what films to watch? - My brother
  • What devices do you typically use to watch films: TV, laptop, tablet, phone etc.? - Cinema screen

Online
  • How often do you access the internet? - Everyday
  • Where do you access the internet? At home, at school, commuting etc. -  At school and at home
  • What are the main sites that you access? - YouTube, google classroom, show my homework
  • What are the main reasons for accessing these sites – for example, for information, to make purchases, communicate with friends or for entertainment? - For entertainment and study purposes
  • What other activities (if any) do you do whilst accessing the internet? - Watch videos
    • What different devices do you use to access the internet? What is your primary device for accessing the internet? - My primary device is my computer but I also use my phone and my laptop
  • What social networks do you use regularly (e.g. Twitter, Instagram)? Why do you belong to these networks in particular? - I use YouTube because it is the most entertaining for me. I enjoy watching vlogging youtubers in particular

Reflection
  • How can you develop the amount and variety of media you consume? - Try new forms of media such as newspapers
  • What will you change in your media consumption habits this year as a result of studying A Level Media? - I will read more news and consider different mediums of news as well
  • List three sources of media (websites/newspapers/apps/TV programmes etc.) that you will start to access this year that you haven't engaged with previously. - BBC News - Newspapers - Sky News

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Magazine practical task research and planning

Gender, identity and advertising

Industries: Ownership and control