First Blog Task

1) Why did you choose A Level Media Studies?

I really enjoyed doing media studies at GCSE and I wanted to pursue it further

2) Did you take GCSE Media Studies (either here at Greenford or a different school)?

Yes, at Greenford

3) If you answered yes to Q2, what grade did you achieve in GCSE Media? What coursework task did you complete? What would you say your strengths and weaknesses were in GCSE Media?

I achieved grade 8, and my coursework task was to create a 2 minute short film of an ending to a sci fi show. My strengths were creating videos and analysing videos. My weaknesses were remembering media terminology and analysing newspapers.

4) What grade do you hope to achieve in A Level Media?

I hope to achieve an A or above

5) What are your current thoughts about your next steps after A Levels - university, apprenticeship, work?

I'm not sure

6) What do you think the biggest MEDIA story of 2022 has been and why?

Russia vs Ukraine because it affects the rest of the world aswell

7) What media sources do you use to find out about news and current affairs?

Television channels

8) What was the last film you watched?

Top Gun: Maverick

9) What is your favourite ever TV series?

Phineas and Ferb

10) How many hours do you spend online in an average day? Is this too little, too much or about right? Why? (If you have an iPhone you can use Screen Time to get an accurate figure of how much you use your phone).

I spend over 5 hours a day online on a school day and over 10 hours online a day on weekends. I would say this is too much but I don't really do anything else other than use technology as a source of entertainment.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Magazine practical task research and planning

Gender, identity and advertising

Industries: Ownership and control